[Inpycon] Plans for the evening

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 07:59:24 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:50 AM, kausikram krishnasayee
<kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of the things i really liked about PyCon APAC, was the fact that the
> organizers not only planned the conference but also made plans for the
> evenings as well. The out of station visitors were taken out for the night
> safari on the first night of the conference, and some of the most
> interesting conversations happened there. It was a real ice breaker and that
> made the second day of the conference that much more warm.
> Now i know that this is India and the dynamics are different, but will it be
> possible to plan something similar on the night of the first day of
> conference??

Arranging for a evening out doing something interesting in cities with
heavy traffic like Pune, Bangalore could be quite daunting. Moreover
anything non-trivial could have high expenses which again if left to
be borne by the individuals could raise cries (elitism etc.) I am not
denying the possibility - merely suggesting that it could be difficult
in light of the two matters above.