[Inpycon] Recording Pycon Presentations using HTML5-Slidecasting

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Sun Aug 7 10:01:54 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Narendra Sisodiya <
> narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
>
>> does this interest anybody ?
>> Video-Slidecasting using HTML5
>>
>> http://blog.narendrasisodiya.com/2011/07/html5-based-video-slidecasting-demo.html
>> You can see demo too -
>> http://code.narendrasisodiya.com/video-slidecast/demo.html
>> Video inside demo is not having good resolution but I guess you can sense
>> technology and not resolution. Display Resolution and CSS can be changed.
>>

> yes it does before that you better read this
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2011-July/004647.html  thread and
> understand what all has  happened thus far.
>
> how can one make these slidecasts , what all would you need to cover the
> the talks http://in.pycon.org/2011/talks , i think once the schedule is
> out you will know how many rooms to be covered etc , now coming to the
> logistics and i know there are some points which you will be sensitive about
>
> 1)What all is needed to create something like this ?

Video Recording in Ogg format, Slide must be presented with a tool which
will record timings
Rest a automate script can do things.

> 2)We will be needing volunteers to cover the talks in every hall or you
> will install some software in the presenters machine.
> 3)Be warned that the presenters in this event come with multiple flavors of
>  operating systems including windows. will your capture software work on
> them to?

A volunteer can install software and he will follow presenter's slides
inorder to generate timing.
Timing can be generated from video itself but it need more muscle power

> 4 ) i saw some announcement for open space
> http://in.pycon.org/2011/blog/9-launching-into-open-space but this work
> may be way OT for your kind of work.

kpoint is flash based solution , both solutions can co-exist and worked
upon.
slidecasting method has a tool called "Slidecasting Recorder" use wxpython
but which is under development.
one can see code and contribute it. I can only give chocolates for
contribution.

> So lets start gathering information on how to and what to answering all the
> questions then you can talk to the organizers here .
> -Satya
>

> fossevents.in

│    Narendra Sisodiya
│    http://narendrasisodiya.com