[Inpycon] PyCon India 2012

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 08:02:35 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Navin Kabra <navin at smriti.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just to get a little buzz started. I presume Pune is the right location
> > this year as well. Any qualms?
>
> No qualms. They key people from the Pune team who actually took on
> major responsibilities and delivered, plus a few others who were
> dragged in at the last moment for emergency assistance are happy to do
> it again. Plus we're starting early this year, and with experience of
> having done it last year, things should go quite smoothly.

One of the things we had done last year was nominate the person to lead the
overall initiative. While I shall continue to play a keen and active role,
I shall prefer to pass on the lead role. Could I nominate Navin Kabra this
time (I just talked to him minutes ago, so this isn't a surprise for him)?
That would I imagine be one of the first steps in kicking off Pycon India
2012?

For those who are not aware, Navin played a very enthusiastic and committed
role during Pycon India 2011 and was easily one of the most hardest working
people during the run-up to and at the event. He is an entrepreneur and a
pythonista. He also runs punetech.com and happens to be simultaneously one
of the most respected and networked techies in Pune.

Dhananjay