[Inpycon] venue

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:45:25 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 07 2011, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

[...]

> If we can take a decision on this I can assure you that we can fix the
> venue and dates by the 20th of feb and move on to more important
> things.  I realise I am stepping on some Chennai toes in proposing
> this, but the long silence from that end is not encouraging at all.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm neutral about this. My only thing is that I *don't* want it to be in
Bangalore again (not for a few years anyway).

The pros as far as I can see.
        - You and Jaganadh being there who can steer this from
          Coimbatore.
        - Weather is better than Chennai (from what I've been told).

The cons
        - Stepping on toes since there's already some work that was done
          in Chennai.
        - The city is not as well known as a metro so facilities and
          things might be limited (this is a guess).
        - No active Python community in Coimbatore.

What do the others feel?

Either way, we should *decide* on a venue before 15th of Feb and get
things moving.