[Inpycon] venue

kausikram krishnasayee kausikram at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:41:05 CET 2011

Are there multiple colleges available in Chennai which we have to select
> from? If so, there's discussion to be conducted. If not, then there's
> just one college and it's the default.

was reffering to this thread:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2010-October/003705.html
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2010-October/003705.html>
these are potential venues we can contact, apart from Rajalakshmi none of
the others have come to us. the reason why we wanted to do the discussion
here before we went to the college is because, had we approached the college
first and then later had to choose colleges here, it would have lead to some
animosity and there would have been a possible situation like MSRIT vs RV
the way we had last year (if not worse).

> The issue is that there should be some chap willing to take up the job
> of spearheading this whole thing. If there's foot dragging with the
> venue selection, this person should put his foot down and make it
> happen. It's not a fun job but someone will have to do it if the
> conference is to take place.
>
> If you're willing to sign up, you have my vote and I'll back you in
> whatever way I can but once you do, it's not always a fun ride and
> you're going to have to stick it till then end. I'm sure you know how it
> is given your experience with Proto.in :)

This was disccused long ago and i was (and still am) willing to
take responsibility, but what i am worried is the fact that there is no
solid team here as bangalore had. And i dont want it to turn into a one man
show.  I wonder why the others from Chennai on this list are so silent.
That said, if the team here is good to go with Rajalakshmi Engineering
College, then i will make the call and we will be rolling.

cheers,
kausik

--
Kausikram Krishnasayee