[Inpycon] venue

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 07:52:27 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 12:05 +0530, Ramdas S wrote:
> > Keep up the good work, and spread the word around.
>
> More than colleges we need professional developers, which is why
> Bangalore,
> Pune and Chennai is always on top of our list...

well this depends on your perspective. There are four classes of people
who attend inpycon:

1. Developers who are focussed on python - they will attend regardless
of where the conference is, *especially* if there is an extreme track.

2. Developers who are *also* interested in python - these will probably
only attend if it is held in their own city.

3. Students - I have noticed in the last two events a large number of
students who are willing to travel to attend.

4. Newbies - will only attend if it is in their own city.

I find that the bulk of attendees - and the type of attendees we need -
are in class 1 and 3. If we have a newbie track, then it makes sense to
hold the conference in less well known areas to spread the word. Anyway
1 and 3 are going to be there - and they are the backbone of the
conference.

Frankly the kind of person who says: 'I will only attend if it is in my
city - or my part of the city' is not really the kind of person who is
need to develop and keep the conference going.

my two paise.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves