[Inpycon] venue

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 08:33:23 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 12:34 +0530, sankarshan wrote:
> > 1. Developers who are focussed on python - they will attend
> regardless
> > of where the conference is, *especially* if there is an extreme
> track.
> >
> > 2. Developers who are *also* interested in python - these will
> probably
> > only attend if it is held in their own city.
> >
> > 3. Students - I have noticed in the last two events a large number
> of
> > students who are willing to travel to attend.
> >
> > 4. Newbies - will only attend if it is in their own city.
>
> Unless there are circumstances and subjects which aren't being
> discussed on the list, are there reasons to believe that the audience
> categories, as described above, will give it a miss if it is at
> Coimbatore ?

I do not think so - the Mumbai,Pune, Hyderabad and Kerala guys will be
there even if we host in pattiveeranpatti ;-). As will the hardcore
people from Bangalore and Chennai. I would not know about Delhi, as
there was little participation from there in the last two conferences.
As already mentioned there will be a large number of not-so-newbie
students and professionals from Kerala.

> Bangalore, Pune, Chennai would have, perhaps, attracted attendance
> from those who develop_with/contribute_to Python in their professional
> spheres. However, the genesis of the discussion was from the idea that
> Chennai seemed to have a remote chance of hosting it.

I personally fail to understand how location matters - if you look at
pycons abroad, they are all held in reasonably civilised places - and
very few people say: 'thats too far for me'. Anyway - just to clarify, I
will be there regardless of where the conference is. And that is the
spirit I see in the core group.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves