[Inpycon] venue

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:29:36 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 13:18 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> The problem is mood. A "conference" dominated by first timer students
> will become nothing more than a glorified workshop or at best a user
> group meeting. While fine for advocacy, it's a very low goal for an
> annual conference.

I fully agree - but the solution is to do what we did in the first pycon
- have a track for newbies and direct them there. With enough activity
to keep them there. And have a normal track, and if there is enough
traction, an extreme track. And again I would like to emphasise that the
main thing is that the conference should take place. I can guarantee
that in Coimbatore - if others can do so for other places, I have no
issues whatsoever. But it should be a guarantee. Like what Noufal did
for Bangalore (and we absolutely cannot have it again in Bangalore)
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves