[Inpycon] venue

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:49:37 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10 2011, Anubha Dadhich wrote:

[...]

>> Location matters too. I really like Python and the community but I'd
>> think twice about attending a conference in Delhi than about attending
>> one in Chennai. I don't know anyone in Delhi, I'm not that comfortable
>> with the food etc.
>>

> So that means that ppl from Delhi must also garner similar feelings if is
> held in Chennai or Bangalore. You cannot bear north Indian food for two
> days!!

I can "bear" North Indian food for much more than two days. I eat it
regularly but you probably have enough ammo anyway.

If the best you can do is to twist my dietary preferences into a North
vs. South style debate (which this list has been free of thankfully till
now), there's not much more to say.

> and you expect ample participation from python enthusiasts in Delhi.
> Also, you expect everyone from Delhi would be knowing someone in
> Chennai.

I don't *expect* anything. We *had* ample participation from Delhi and
other places in the north the first and second years. I don't have any
issues conducting the event in Delhi either. If there's a strong
community there and someone can lead it, I'm all for it.

Look. It's one thing to do contribute something and then have
disagreements. It's quite something else to pop up and graft your own
biases onto what I say and then twist it into some kind of north
vs. south debate.

If you're willing to give me the benefit of the doubt, then you have my
word that I didn't intend an offense. If you're not, well, there's
nothing more to be said.

[...]