[Inpycon] Pune for pycon 2011

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:30:00 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11 2011, Dhananjay Nene wrote:

[...]

> I'm going to word this carefully. I would like this to be a team and
> community driven exercise.
>
> The team described in the proposal is the arbiter of all discussions
> and decisions. As a lead, I shall assume responsibility to carry this
> forward, but shall always be open to have different people assume
> leadership if and as and when felt necessary or appropriate.  Having
> said that, all file io to /dev/blame can be redirected to
> /dev/dhananjay.

[...]

The "lead" situation comes up when things don't go according to plan and
feathers get ruffled or feet start getting dragged. Then the "lead" (you
in this case) will probably have to take some decisions in a semi
dictatorial fashion, stop the dissent and get things moving. It's not
pleasant but it's necessary and someone's got to do it. Egos might be
brusied but it's not always to please everyone all the time.

Kenneth's statement was worded a little sarcastically but I think it was
correct. If there's no one willing a priori to take the blame if things
go bad, no one will take initiatives to move things forward.