[Inpycon] Venue decision

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:35:25 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 17:53 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> > 2. venue - I find in bigger cities (I am mainly talking of metros -
> > but Pune apparently approaches that) colleges are very hoity toity
> > about cooperating. There again the Pune team needs to enlighten us
> on
> > this.
>
> [...]
>
> You're in the field regarding this so you probably know better.
> However,
> we didn't have much trouble with this in Bangalore and this place
> qualifies as a "big city".

by hoity toity I mean they generally consider that they are doing us a
favour by giving the facilities and at the most supply a token staff
member to act as liason. In smaller places, everyone from the
correspondent downwards are there at the entrance to greet delegates and
participate in the inaugural and valedictory functions. Students are
given leave to attend, welcome booths set up at airport and railway
station, college vehicles arranged for transport, college office
facilities made available for coordination, labs specially set up as per
requirements ... mess facilities given for food, guest houses and vacant
rooms make available in hostels, hotel bookings done (and some times
they even get a grant from UGC or DIT for the conference).
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves