[Inpycon] Pune for pycon 2011

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:49:31 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11 2011, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

[...]

> It would be good to get rid of this model in Pycon 2011 and make it
> truly group organized where no single person gets fame or shame as to
> what finally happens.

[...]

I don't think that'll work. It can run that way *most* of the time but
sometimes, when push comes to shove, everyone must have agreed upon a
single person beforehand to put his foot down and keep things
moving. It's necessary.

As for fame/shame, it's not a matter of credit or censure. It's an
operational decision.
Either you have a completely distributed thing where there's nothing
really driving the thing except good will and interest (which might not
always be sustainable) or you have a willing group led by a person and a
bunch of lieutenants (organically and informally selected) to keep the
show going. I think the is more efficient, practial and reliable than
the former.