[Inpycon] Venue decision

॥ स्वक्ष ॥ vid at svaksha.com
Fri Feb 11 14:39:06 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 13:20, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Between Chennai and Pune, I'm mixed. Here's my summary. We can ignore
>> smaller things like food, language, weather etc. for a 2 or 3 day event
>> I think as long as the city is somewhat cosmopolitan.
>
>  Do a distributed conf in both cities on same day :)

That's a first! Considering the smiley, I'm assuming its in a lighter
vein, otherwise, although it sounds good on paper (err...on list) is
it practically possible? Where would the funds come from --and would
sponsors be willing to sponsor a distributed conf across two cities?
If we (IPSS) did find sponsors how would the money be spent on scaling
logistics to duplicate a conf across cities on the same day? If
IN.pycon plans to invite foreign speakers, who decides which city they
would speak at?

vid ॥ http://svaksha.com