[Inpycon] Issue / Task Tracking for Pycon India

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:45:54 CET 2011

Regardless of which tool you use for issue tracking, one thing I must
*heavily* emphasise is that the mailing list (and a bunch of wiki pages)
should be the main vehicles for coordination, discussion and decision
making.

They're the most open media available and I for one want to keep this a
community conference. Things like the IPSS are a necessity of the times
(we need a legal entity for the bank account etc.) and not a secret
cabal that sits behind the curtains pulling the strings.

While we all may not agree on direction or aims (and some of us might
get a little vitriolic now and then), we should atleast allow all points
of view to be heard on the list. The atmosphere will be significantly
different from a closed list inside a company (or other such
institution) and that's part of the "fun". Personal attacks, sarcasm,
snide comments and outright accusations will be there but the point is
to make sure that the overall aim of conducting the event is not
affected and to make sure that people who just come on to troll don't
upset the peopl who are doing all the work.

Unstructured open fora sometimes tend to be chaotic (and that's why we
need a benevolent dictator).