[Inpycon] Foreign delegates

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 09:11:29 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16 2011, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

[...]

>  - If it is the Python community, look at people like Steve Holden,
>    Aahz, Kuchling etc.
>  - If it is core Python dev, look at key devs like Antoine, Hettinger,
>    Tarek etc.
>  - If it is projects which are using the Python platform like Django,
>    TG etc look at their devs.
>  - If it is just anyone, do a random selection and go for those
>     people who happen to be here during Sep, like Ramdas said.
>     It is quite practical and reduces our overheads and expenses.

[...]

My thoughts.

A highly focussed technical talk is not ideal for a keynote. It will be
interesting and useful but too heavy for a keynote. We need one person
who is familiar with the community and the general state of things for
the keynote (this is the reason we got David last time).

The same person can give a regular talk later in the conf. on something
"heavier".

I'd prefer someone from the "Python" community rather that from an
external popular project like Django etc. but Python is almost a "web
language" in India so I understand the value.

Based on this, I think we should prioritise people like Holden, Kuchling
etc. If we can't get them, we should try to get someone who's active in
a Python sub community (like Django etc.).

If our budget permits (and I have a feeling that it will), we might be
able to fly in one extra person in which case, we should consider the
core Python team (Raymond, Antoine, Bicking etc.)

So, in short, the priority list as far as I can tell is

1. Core community people (Holden, Kuchling etc.)
2. Project community people (Jacob Kaplan-Moss etc.)
3. Core technical people (Raymond, Antoine etc.)

We can go down the list based on their availabilities and can select
multiple people if our budget allows it.

Thoughts?