[Inpycon] Sponsorships

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 10:27:41 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Dhananjay Nene
<dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>wrote:

> Can we take the sponsorship document as is and approach companies ? Is
> it open to discussion at this stage (since I am joining that
> particular thread a little late).
>
> One of my suggestions is to not pre-specify the number of sponsors in
> each category. I am also not clear why the number of platinum sponsors
> has been brought down from 2 to 1 this year.

 AFAIK, the intention of this is to reduce sponsorship "crowd"
 at the top. We are a low budget conference, and want to limit
 any sponsor branding we do to a select few.

 Last year we had FOSSEE as a platinum sponsor and they
 got a space on the T-shirt sleeve. It is a balancing act between
 how much money we want to run things smoothly vs the amount
 of concessions we are ready to give, considering we are a pure
 community driven conference.

 Noufal, correct me if my impressions are wrong. I didn't play
 an active role in sponsorships last year, so these are just my
 observations.

> I have started talking to companies. I can see definite interest. It
> would be good to know that the sponsorship document is the final one
> and we can take it to companies with that as the reference.
>
> Dhananjay

--Anand