[Inpycon] Drumming up interest in pycon

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:12:33 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 13:38 +0530, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah wrote:
> > Python in the days leading upto Pycon in some of the software
> > companies, by conducting talks, workshops etc. I am wondering if
> > anyone has conducted anything similar, and a dump of experiences and
> > thoughts on the same would be useful.
> >

> Last year as part building up the momentum we did this in engineering
> colleges in Bangalore. This resulted in lot of those students coming
> to the
> conf.

we did this in Chennai and Coimbatore also
> Have not tried to take drum up to workplaces though.

we had conducted a couple of workshops in workplaces - but only one
person attended the conference from Coimbatore as a result of this. One
workshop conducted in Bangalore resulted in a couple of attendees.
Workshops were all hands-on teaching python basics.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves