[Inpycon] Necessity of foreign delegates. Was Re: Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 12:24:42 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 16:48 +0530, Roshan Mathews wrote:

> WRT PyCon2011, and this thread, there are two issues:
>
> 1. Should we invite a guest speaker?
> 2. Should we subsidize his stay and travel?
>
> I was +1, -1 on those two.  But Noufal convinced me, I'm currently
> +1/+1 on both.

if we invite a guest speaker from anywhere, it is common courtesy to
look after travel etc. That is beside the point. As for inviting guest
speakers from abroad, I was -1 on it, I am now -0. I am more worried
about getting sponsors - the one company I was hoping for has refused
(although the open source division of the company is still trying to do
something - but it will not be platinum).
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves