[Inpycon] Necessity of foreign delegates. Was Re: Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:29:47 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21 2011, ॥ स्वक्ष ॥ wrote:

[...]

> On the topic of IPSS conducting SOC's, would it be a floss-based (like
> GSOC and RedHat/Fedora) SOC, since the conference is about the python
> language and not just Libre software. This is easier said than done
> and unless this is discussed and clarified properly, I am strongly
> against IPSS funds being used to (inadvertently) benefit a commercial
> entity.

This is just one of the issues. This is a tantalising pandora's box and
opening it on the conference list will be a disaster.

In the long run, the IPSS has to do more than just conduct a
conference. However, we are not in a position to do that yet and this
list and discussion are for the conference.

--
~noufal