[Inpycon] Necessity of foreign delegates. Was Re: Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:35:08 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 15:57, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 21 2011, Dhananjay Nene wrote:
>>> Sorry, unable to respond more since at work - but could we take
>>> exclusively IPSS discussions off list ? There's probably an IPSS list
>>> for the same?

> WRT PyCon2011, and this thread, there are two issues:
>
> 1. Should we invite a guest speaker?
> 2. Should we subsidize his stay and travel?
>
> I was +1, -1 on those two.  But Noufal convinced me, I'm currently
> +1/+1 on both.

To summarise my thoughts post the discussions today, I began the day
with 0/-1. I end it with 0/0 on both the questions. I can see both the
value and the expenditure. I would just suggest lets make sure we take
all the right steps to ensure we are able to get a high value for the
expenditure (Value being defined in terms of the various benefits
articulated in this thread).

Dhananjay