[Inpycon] Necessity of foreign delegates. Was Re: Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:07:22 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22 2011, Ramdas S wrote:
>

> [...]
>
>> Since the majority feels that International speakers do add value, at
>> least as far as I see. I think we must go ahead and make the necessary
>> invites.  Let's close this thread here.
>
> [...]
>
> Dhananjay should be the one to decide this. Whether it's decided or not
> and whether we should invite or not.

Here's my thought - final strong objections if any to inviting foreign
speaker to be received by Feb 22 11:59 pm. (I've already thrown in my
hat as an abstainer). Decision if no objections received to be
automatically in favour of inviting foreign speaker. If objections
received, to be furiously attempted to be resolved into a decision by
Feb 23 11:59 pm. I would like to keep this decision open since there
could be a few more interested enthusiasts who might still believe
they would like further discussion.

This in my opinion should still give us time given that Pycon is on
March 9th. However we could expedite this if for some reason we
believe these deadlines (of upto 2 more days) would make it hard.
(Though even expediting it could be a little hard).

Dhananjay