[Inpycon] Notes from InPyCon planning meeting of local Pune Team

Roshan Mathews rmathews at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:20:08 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:54, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

  [ rearranging your mail]

> I suggest to keep the registration process simple. Too many tiers and
> options is difficult to manage.

Assuming we use DoAttend again, it's not going to be difficult to
manage.  (cc-ing Shalin at DoAttend ... can DoAttend handle tiers?)

> What if someone registers for the tutorials by paying Rs.150 and then
> he want to attend the regular conference? Will he pay just Rs. 100
> extra?

Say we have paid tutorials on Friday, say they are Rs.150 per head per
session.  It means:

1. we have an exact count of how many people are interested in each session.
2. tutors can come with handouts, since they have some cash.
3. we can pay the tutors (say, 30:70, split with the conference)
4. we can mandate a minimum of say, 10 per session, for the tutorial
to be conducted.

I know, 150 per session seems crazy! ("think of the kids! the pore
students travelling across the country to learn python!"), but 150 is
just a number, it can be 100, or 200, or 400.  But paid tutorials
might enable us to go beyond "Introduction to Python", "Introduction
to Django" type talks, maybe Noufal can conduct his C-API session here
too.

--
http://about.me/rosh