[Inpycon] PyCon India 2011 - Ground Team Activities

kausikram krishnasayee kausikram at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:11:52 CET 2011

These are a set of activities / tasks which need to be completed at Chennai.
I am taking cue from last years venue requirements [from the wiki] and
spawning this thread. after some initial discussions we should be moving the
content into the pyconinida wiki. please add on if i had missed something.
and please volunteer if you are from chennai :D

* Venue Requirement
approach to host PyCon India 2010. before we zero in on a few colleges we
need to take a look at a few things. namely:
    ** What is the total number of participants we are expecting / will be
comfortable with?
    ** How many tracks should we be planning for?
    ** Are we planning hackathons? if so what are the requirements for it?

  ** Based on discussions on the above questions. we need to short list a
few potential colleges, and workout on the tradeoffs between travel
distance, comfort and general college prominence.

* Catering
other such meetups.
  ** We need a few people who can engage the caterers and get the best
rates.

* Wifi
  ** if it cant hold over required bandwidth we can approach the wimax
providers to provide us with a dedicated connection at a cost.
  ** In either case we need a bunch of network geeks who can do a better and
more detailed feasibility study once the venue is decided.

* Banners / Artworks:
  ** Artwork gets done remotely over the Internet.
  ** Once we freeze on the collateral we will be good to print.

* Audio-Video:
  ** Colleges have projectors. and some also have inbuilt Audio systems.
  ** However there might arise a need to hire a professional AV team, in
which case we need a person to coordinate / liaison.

* Video Recording / Post Proc:
  ** This will defiantly need professional handling and will also need a
dedicated set of individuals that would instruct the ideograph on what needs
to be videographed and what need not.

hope i got most of the things listed. i am sure i missed a few please do
feel free to add on.

cheers,
kausik
--