[Inpycon] PyCon India 2011 - Ground Team Activities

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 13:10:49 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 12 2011, kausikram krishnasayee wrote:

>> * Venue Requirement
>> approach to host PyCon India 2010. before we zero in on a few colleges we
>> need to take a look at a few things. namely:
>>     ** What is the total number of participants we are expecting / will be
>> comfortable with?

Depends on the size of the venue. We can handle a large number I think
but we need an approximate size atleast a month before the event to plan
properly. Early bird etc. I think the price different should be
substantial (between early bird and late regs.)

>>     ** How many tracks should we be planning for?

I vote for one extreme track (similar to the PyCon in the US) which will
only have battle hardened talks from people who have been working on
projects in depth.

>>     ** Are we planning hackathons? if so what are the requirements for it?

(An) extra day(s) if necessary, reliable wifi, space and publicity.

Another thing that occurs to me is paid tutorials. a day of multiple 3
hour tutorials on basic Python, Django etc. all the popular bits will be
useful to several people. They'll have to pay for them and we can pay
the presenters.

One tutorial day, 1 day of pure conference, 1 day of conf + hackathon.

[...]