[Inpycon] Sponsorships for 2011

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 07:17:34 CET 2011

Greetings all,
        I just got a mail from a "reputable foreign company" telling me
that they're interested in sponsoring PyCon 2011 asking me for our
sponsorship information. They're allocating their budgets and want to
reserve some money for the conference here.

        I think this is our cue to get our act together and
"start". I've forwarded the email to Kausik.

        Let's get some ideas of overall expenses and budgets right away
so that we can get some ideas on how we want to do this.

        Here are the things that will add to our expenses (from the last
2 years) in decreasing order of amount
        - Foreign delegates (approx 1.5L for someone from North America)
        - T-shirts
        - Food
        - A/V
        - Wifi infrastructure (let's outsource this to a professional
          this time)
        - Venue (if we're plannnig to go for a paid place)

        This year, we can stretch a little and maybe do print ads in
the appropriate magazines and newspapers. We might also be able to
arrange limited accommodation for people from outside the city where
it's conducted on a first come first serve basis.

        So, let's get started!

Thanks