[Inpycon] One more silver sponsor

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 07:28:33 CEST 2011

2011/7/8 Navin Kabra <navin at smriti.com>:
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I have been talking with GS Labs, Pune about sponsoring PyCon India
>> and they have agreed to become a silver sponsor with a condition that
>> they want to record the videos and publish then on their video
>> platform. Which shouldn't be a problem for us.
>
> Very nice.
> If anyone is interested in finding out more about the what and why of their
> video platform - they will be using their kPoint product (http://kpoint.in)
> for this.
>

>> They'll send 2 people to the conference to record the video and
>> publish the videos on their platform. They are open to share the raw
>> video in any format so that we can upload it to Vimeo/YouTube.  I
>> looked their video recordings and the quality looked good.
>
> A few things to think about:
> 1. Are they aware that there will be parallel tracks - so people and
> equipment need to be sized accordingly.

I told them that there will be 2 parallel tracks and they are ready to
send 2 people with required equipment.

> 2. For best results, the presentation (the slides) need to be running on a
> laptop with kpoint installed on it. And this is a windows-only platform at
> this point. We can keep kpoint enabled laptops at each hall, so that
> shouldn't be a problem except for speakers who want to use their own laptop
> for their presentation. In that case, you'll get just a simple video
> recording without the slides - which would be a shame, because slides+video
> is what makes kpoint useful/interesting.

I just called them and confirmed. They just need a copy of slides in
PPT or PDF format. The speakers can use their own laptops to do the
presentation.

> 3. Are they recording the tutorials? Would the tutorial presenters be OK
> with this?

Yes, they are ready to record. The CFP page says it clearly that all
the presentations will be recorded.

http://in.pycon.org/2011/cfp