[Inpycon] Talk Selection

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 17:54:07 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai <
abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> \
>

>  Shall we then assume 2 parallel talk tracks in the 2 halls ?
>  Considering we have more than 1 room for tutorials,
>  can we think of running 2 parallel tutorial tracks ?
>
>  I think Noufal's suggestion of 1st day being marked for
>  tutorials is a good idea. But in that case we need more than
>  1 room for running say 6-7 tutorials in 1 day.
>
>  Assuming 2 halls for 2 days I will pick 15*2 => 30
>  plus a few stand-by talks from the proposals (to allow
>  for cancellations, which always happens) and around
>  5-6 tutorials.

Just figured out this will be 12*2 => 24 talks according to my
calculation if we slot the first day only for tutorials. That is
on the lower side considering the # of submissions.

We would want to have around 30-35 talks ideally so
we will need either to have 3 talk tracks (2 halls plus 1 room ?)
allowing to run a 3rd talk track in the last 2 days ,

or,

We might want to have some of these talks scheduled
the first day as well.

I pick the first option.

Thoughts ?

--