[Inpycon] Advice on stay in Pune

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:03:44 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can someone from Pune set up a page for hotels/accommodation near the
> venue
> > with a rough idea of the budgets?Also some details such as how far the
> venue
> > is from the airport or station.
> >

>  I normally stay at smartInn. It is a B&B hotel on FC road. Clean
> rooms and decent price given that it is at the center of the city.
> Venue is not far (auto charges about INR 30/-). Airport is about 10Km
> and auto will charge INR 180/- to 200/-.
>
> I've heard good things about smart inn. However from what I recollect it
has some limitations that people not used to hotels in its class may find
very surprising.

I'll get a wiki page up with some of the hotels in the area and at least
some feedback to the extent people are aware of them by end of the coming
week. In the meanwhile a search on "Hotel Apte Road
Pune<http://www.google.com/search?q=hotel+apte+road+pune>"
should help point a number of hotels in the area (note most of them are on
the relatively smaller side) especially if you look at the map that shows
up.

Other roads that would be reasonably close by are :

   - Senapati Bapat Road or S. B. Road (there's a very large but quite
   pricey Mariott here)
   - Law College Road
   - Fergusson College Road
   - J. M. Road

However the density of hotels is probably the largest on Apte Road.

To most of these areas venue should be <=4kms, station should be about 5-8
kms, airport of course is much further (I don't know kms but takes approx
200-220 by prepaid autorickshaw)

http://blog.dhananjaynene.com twitter: @dnene
<http://twitter.com/dnene>google plus:
http://gplus.to/dhananjaynene