[Inpycon] Announcement : Talk Selections for Pycon India 2011

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:54:13 CEST 2011

It is my pleasure to announce the selected talks and tutorials for Pycon
India 2011. I am pleased that the selected talks and tutorials reflect a set
of interesting and diverse topics on Python. We had a large number of
submissions and it is unfortunate that we had to decline the ability to host
many other talks / tutorials which were also likely to be quite interesting.
The numbers referred to are the same as the numbers on the Pycon India 2011
talks page ie. http://in.pycon.org/2011/talks . We hope to update that page
soon (hopefully some time later today).

The selected talks are

1    pyjs: compiling python to javascript    Anand Chitipothu
5    python based push frameworks    Shamail Tayyab
7    Emacs as a Python IDE    Noufal Ibrahim
11    Machine Learning Using Python    Vikram Kamath
12    From Python to Silicon    Shakthi Kannan
13    Python on Android    Sajjad Anwar
15    LastUser for user management    Kiran Jonnalagadda
20    PyTI(PyPI Testing Infrastructure)    Yeswanth
23    Deployment and Hosting of your Python Web Applications    Lakshman
Prasad
24    Creating Domain Specific Languages in Python    Siddharta Govindaraj
25    Plivo - Developing Telephony Apps in the Web World    Venky
30    Python in the Real World: From Blinking LEDs to Advanced Robotics
Jivitesh Singh Dhaliwal
32    Interacting with the larger Python community around the world    Anand
B Pillai
34    Doing your homework with Python    Nirbheek Chauhan
35    Network programming with Umit Project    Narendran Thangarajan
41    Python threads: Dive into GIL!    Vishal Kanaujia, Chetan Giridhar
43    Decorators as composable abstractions    Sidhant Godiwala
45    Wikipedia, Dead Authors, Naive Bayes and Python     Abhaya Agarwal
46    Snakes for your GIS    Abhishek Mishra
49    Manage your Amazon AWS assets using boto    Chirag Jog
51    Python in the Life Sciences    Farhat Habib
56    Sensors, Embedded Systems and Chuk Chuk    Praneeth Bodduluri
63    Using Python for Data Analysis and Business Intelligence    Dhananjay
Nene
68    Quick Multitouch Apps using kivy and Python    Karan Pratap Singh,
Nitin Chadha

The selected tutorials are :

4    Functional Programming with Python    Anand Chitipothu
37    Twitter/Facebook/Linked-in/Google Data, Oh My! Web API programming
using Python    Navin Kabra
47    Art of Web Scrapping using Python (Low level)    Siddhant Sanyam
55    Using Python with Other Languages    Vishesh Yadav, Siddhant Sanyam
67    image processing and computer interaction    nitin chadha, karan
pratap
71    Redis & Python    Sunil Arora

The talks page should be updated soon on the matter (it is not yet updated).

In addition to these we have shortlisted a few reserve talks in case any of
the existing talk submitter would need to withdraw for any reason
whatsoever. The submitters of these talks have been informed accordingly.

Also due to unavailability of contact information (which is purely an
internal communication issue), I have been unable to inform 4 submitters yet
(one of them having submitted a talk which has been selected). I intend to
rectify it later today as soon as I can. However, after careful thought, I
considered it best not to hold up the selected talk announcement on that
count. Preferably this shortcoming should've been avoided.

Congratulations to all the submitters to the talks that have been selected.
We look forward to submissions from all those who submitted this year and
didn't in 2012. And we also look forward to meeting all the Python
enthusiasts at Pune at Pycon India 2011.

May I remind you to register at http://in.pycon.org/2011/register if you
haven't already done so? Note that the special early bird rate is active
only for a few more days (ie. until July 31st).

Dhananjay