[Inpycon] Taking stock of the situation

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:59:48 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 16:24 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> >> I'll be frank and say that I'm worried. We have around 2.5 months left
> >> for September. We don't have any local sponsors yet. The CFP was
> >> announced and we have just a few submissions.
> >
> > my personal take is that there has been some discussion on this list
> > on high standards for talks which has scared people off. (scared me
> > anyway)
>
> Hmmm. That wasn't the reaction I expected and if it's a problem, we
> should remedy that. Also, I think you should have voiced this concern on
> the list as soon as the thread started.
>
> The CFP, however, is just a small part of the thing. What about the rest
> of organisation?

Well, kind of echoes my thinking.  I am kind of worried about
this "dead silence" in the list which gives the feeling nothing
is happening on the ground.

Where is the venue ? Who are the sponsors ? Who are the
guys calling the shots on the ground ?

There is a definite lack of leadership this year. Sitting
in Bangalore, we only can have so much of idea of what
is happening on the ground in Pune.

If the concerns are uncalled for, great. Can some of those
running the show calm the airs ?

> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in
>
> I distinctly remember forgetting that. -Clara Barton

--Anand