[Inpycon] Talks

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:31:03 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > We have currently 23 talks on the site (excluding the test ones).
> > I personally feel this is not quantum enough for a good selection.
>
> I agree.
>
> > Since we have only 1 week to go as of now, I suggest to move
> > this for another week and maximize the marketing efforts.
>
> Another week or even 10 days.

+1

> > Another concern for me is that this time we are proposing for
> > 3 days but so far I don't think we have got any proposal
> > for tutorial tracks at all.
>
> 2 days. One is just for tutorials. I don't think this was sufficiently
> advertised.
>
> The original plan was to have paid tutorials but the consensus was to
> get volunteer ones and to find those people. I don't know how many
> people have volunteered and committed.
>
> Also, we are reducing the number of tracks. There was a previous thread
> where I suggested reducing the number of tracks and talks to pick out
> only the *good* ones rather than having lots of amateur ones.
>
> > As of now, with no tutorial track proposals, it doesn't look
> > like there is enough content for 3 days.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
>
> I don't know what the plans are for the tutorials. Like I said, there
> were some decisions made but I don't know how far things have gone on
> that front.

I now have quite a few volunteers (6  if I am not wrong willing to work on
the tutorial tracks). I believe (especially if that number could be raised
by another two) we could structure a reasonable tutorial track. It remains
to formally plan a tutorial sequence (at least thats what I had in mind -
which may may not be consistent with other assumptions).

We could also structure a sequence of tutorials that would make sense and
then publish that and seek volunteers for specific sessions. I was
considering taking a stab at least at such a draft structure this weekend -
suggestions are welcome.