[Inpycon] Talks

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:35:55 CEST 2011

Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> I now have quite a few volunteers (6 if I am not wrong willing to work
> on the tutorial tracks). I believe (especially if that number could be
> raised by another two) we could structure a reasonable tutorial
> track. It remains to formally plan a tutorial sequence (at least thats
> what I had in mind - which may may not be consistent with other
> assumptions).
>
> We could also structure a sequence of tutorials that would make sense
> and then publish that and seek volunteers for specific sessions. I was
> considering taking a stab at least at such a draft structure this
> weekend - suggestions are welcome.

[...]

It might be problematic to find volunteers if the sequence is pre
decided. The way the other PyCons I've seen do it is to solicit talks
the usual way but to treat tutorials as a category (longer duration,
separate day) and then to schedule the good ones out of what is
received.

Either way is fine but we're horribly late with everything and unless a
decision is taken quickly and acted upon, we'll end up with nothing.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Gentlemen, I want you to know that I am not always right, but I am never wrong. -Samuel Goldwyn