[Inpycon] Sponsorship confirmations

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 07:53:06 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > We received one more confirmed gold sponsorship earlier today from
> > Vayana Enterprises. The payment was made earlier today. It is a
> > Chennai based company with a dev center in pune. They have 2 python
> > based b2b SAAS financial services connecting enterprises and banks.
> > Full disclosure: They also are my clients.
>
> [...]
>
> So that fills the gold slots.
>
> I'm wondering if it's a good idea to have something like "Associate
> sponsors" allows companies to put their banners on the website for a
> small amount. Might help the Python startups in the country to network
> etc. Thoughts?
>

> I've been thinking about this. While it is unlikely to be an issue, I think
decorum should dictate we go back to the sponsors and inform them about our
intent to add to the sponsorship tiers. In the meanwhile I suggest the
following :

a. Decide on the new additional sponsorship tiers we want to introduce and
the corresponding fees / benefits (I am perfectly fine with the associate
sponsors with the benefit being a logo on the website). Let us decide if we
want to consider any other slots (just thinking out of my hat here as a
hypothetical suggestion - but say a Lunch sponsorships for each days).
Whatever it is lets freeze that (due to point b. below)
b. Communicate back with the committed sponsors of our intent to expand the
sponsorship tiers, and review if there are any comments / objections. While
unllkely to be an issue, I do think it would be appropriate to go through
this step.
c. Lets keep up the pressure to first finish the existing slots, before
announcing an opening of new slots post completion of step b.

Dhananjay