[Inpycon] CFP draft

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:37:03 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 02 2011, Baishampayan Ghose wrote:

[...]

> We could. As a matter of fact, we were thinking about having three
> tracks, "newbie", "advanced" & "theme". IMHO it's a good idea to have
> a general theme. As far as themes like "NoSQL with Python", don't you
> think that those talks will turn out to be general evangelism about
> the NoSQL DB and some tips about using the related client library?
> It's not bad per se, but can turn out to be monotonous if we have many
> talks along the same lines.

I don't think this is a good idea. Tracks should be made using a single
criterion if they're to be sensible.

Either we choose 'theme' as the criterion in which case, the tracks
would be like "testing", "web", "core python" etc. The "level" of the
talk (novice, intermediate etc.) would be something extra.

Or

We choose 'level' as the criterion and let the tracks become 'novice',
'intermediate', 'advanced' but with a mix of subjects.

Also, I agree about staying away from tracks like "cloud" and
"noSQL". Like you said, we'll get a lot of talks from n00bs who've read
the man pages and it'll get boring. I heard a lot of negative feedback
about the mongodb talk last year.

[...]

--
~noufal