[Inpycon] Receiving funds from foreign sponsors

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Mon Mar 14 05:15:23 CET 2011

Dear All,
The IPSS CANNOT receive foreign money. We do not have a specific permission
under FCRA. It would be best if we get them to pay either the organizers
(Pune team in this case, through any of their registered commercial
entities) directly or we get them to pay vendors. If these options ( or
something similar) are not possible, please drop the idea.
Regards,
- sree

On 13 March 2011 08:47, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > by tomorrow i should be getting first hand info, also CA's can be
>> persons to
>> > ask about this kind of cases.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> That'd be really useful. Thanks!
>>

> Noufal. I dont think this is an issue at all. You must go ahead and close
> things. Getting funds into India is the least of the problems you'll have,
> since our government is very friendly when it comes to receiving funds, and
> you'll have to explain a lot when you want to send even 500 USD out. It's a
> very normal banking function, and they can wire funds or even send a
> banker's cheque.
>
>> --

> Ramdas S
> +91 9342 583 065