[Inpycon] Receiving funds from foreign sponsors

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:12:18 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 17:36 +0530, Ramdas S wrote:
> No this is not hawala. Hawala involves no billing and the money comes
> as
> black (in cash). Here the entire transaction will be clean. Worst come
> case,
> we can  pay 10.3% for service tax.

hawala basically means this:

I have to pay Y in delhi.
I pay X in Ooty
X pays Y in Delhi.

perfectly legal and very common in the older days when banks were not
all that reliable. (there is also the black type of hawala). But the
point here is that the courts may take it as us trying to get foreign
contributions through the back door. Or are we going to do this without
any record? It is just not worth it. And authorities are very very
sticky when it comes to non profits. And the office bearers will get it
in the neck.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves