[Inpycon] [Final Draft] CFP : Changes and suggestions needed.

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu May 5 15:03:08 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > 2011/5/5 Ramakrishna Reddy <ramkrsna at gmail.com>:
> >> Sure

> they
> >>
> >> Noufal, Could you suggest the date.
> >
> > I think July 5 would be a good date. That give us about 3 weeks time
> > for reviewing the proposals.

Good work...

I think this time we need to allow at least 1.5 months for the CFP. I know I
sound
different from others but closing the CFP on Jun 15 gives it roughly over a
month.

Keep the CFP open till June 30 and publish accepted talks by July 15-20.
That
gives the CFP a shelf life of 1.5 months (assuming you open it on 9th) and
3 weeks to review talks.

>From my experience last year I found not much use in giving 2 upload dates,
since a good percentage uploaded the slides towards the last date only
anyway.

I think we should give authors enough time to prepare the first slide
itself,
so suggest to keep the first upload date pretty late - say August 20 or
thereabouts
which gives 1 month for preparation. 2nd upload date is applicable only to
those who get emails regarding problems with the slide, so this could be
kept
pretty close to the conference, say Sep 1 or thereabouts.

How are we planning the CFP action this time ? Email to a set of email
addresses
as before ?

I can help with the reviews and also share the Python scripts I wrote to
automate
most of the stuff last time, so if you are planning to send email, add mine
as well.

Thanks,

--
--Anand