[Inpycon] Need APs/ Routers

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 08:54:23 CEST 2011

All,

We need access to a large number of access points / routers for Wifi
connectivity during PyCon. It would be greatly helpful if you can lend
one or a few for the duration (for out of town visitors if you could
carry them in and out during the visit as well). The list of
APs/routers is specified below. These are going to be particularly
helpful. We can do with other models as well but only with a much
higher configuration overhead. What I would request you to do is to
let me know if you can help lend the same for the conference (either
those in this list or others). The routers will ideally be required
from Thursday evening through Sunday night. For out of town - we can
adjust as per the travel schedules.

Suggest that you respond in the following format (kindly send the mail
to me rather than to the whole list to avoid spamming the list). Out
of Pune contributors - I shall let you know by Wednesday early morning
if we need you to carry the same with you. If we can get the same from
within pune, there is no point in you having to carry it.

a. Name of Person
b. Router Model Number
c. Location: In Pune / Out of Pune
d. If Out of Pune - time when you reach pune, and time when you shall
need to leave the venue.

Thanks
Dhananjay

========= List of Wireless Mesh compatible APs/routers ==============

Easiest of the lot is "Apple Airport Express" & "Apple Airport Extreme"

D-Link
DWL-7700AP
DWL-3200AP

Linksys