[Inpycon] PyCon India post mortem.

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:17:06 CEST 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM, gaurav luthra <gauravluthra06 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I am amused nobody pointed out the lack of sufficient power outlets.
>
>  A quick reply - We were aware of this ourselves. Frankly we didn't plan
> properly for this and only bought the power strips (16 of them) the last
> thing
> on the previous day of the conference.

Not sure if I entirely agree. Running six outlets per outlet provided
at auditorium is a sufficient overload - anything more is likely to
overload the underlying assumed electrical circuits. We can consider
this as a factor when looking at a venue, but seriously it makes no
sense to overload the built in venue provided electrical outlets
unless one wants to contemplate drawing a separate wire from the venue
level mains into the auditoriums (needs more Rs, and careful
electrical planning). To the extent one sticks with the venue provided
outlets, I think we did what was reasonably feasible.