[Inpycon] MoM of meeting on new society - 28 Dec

Anand B Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 11:00:40 CET 2012

Dear all,

  (Sorry for the X-post as it is intended)

  Three of us - myself, Anand C and Srikanth of Mahiti met at ICH,
MG Road on this Friday (28 Dec) to chalk out plans for the new
society registration which has become a requirement after the
unfortunate death of Kenneth. Here are the minutes of the
meeting in brief.

1. New society to be registered in Bangalore within the next
1 month or so.
2. Society name would be mostly "Python India" assuming the
officials have no issues with it. (We might have to append "Society"
at the end otherwise).
3. Plans to close the current society (IPSS) would start in parallel.
Once the new society is registered and we have a bank account,
we would move the funds from IPSS to the new organization's
account. There are some formalities here so this would take
a bit more time than registration of new society.

We also discussed Kenneth Gonsalves memorial award and
came up with some plans.

1. The award guidelines document would be published in Jan
and would be made available for comments.
2. Once finalized, we plan to announce submissions for the
award by Feb-Mar 2013 - details of which would be announced
later.

We would update the lists with status of these items
as and when we tick off the tasks.

Wish everyone a Happy New Year 2013.

--Anand