[Inpycon] PyCon 2012: Venue?

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:55:26 CET 2012

Hi All,

Any strong feelings about the venue for PyCon 2012. Basically, should we
repeat the same venue or try for another one?

The Pros and Cons for last year's venue (Symbiosis Vishwabhavan + Symbiosis
Law College) are:

Cons:
- Infrastructure is a little old and inadequate - especially the power
points
- 2nd and 3rd hall are smaller than what we would ideally like (especially
for tutorial days)

Pros:
- Free
- Centrally Located
- With Prof. Harshad Gune part of the PyCon organizing team, it becomes
very easy to get things done in this venue. (This advantage is shared by a
few other Symbiosis venues in Pune, but not all)
- We know this venue - what works, what doesn't. Minimal energy will be
spent on most venue related matters, and we can focus on things like
speaker/talk quality, getting good wi-fi, sponsorships etc. For any other
venue, there will be a new learning curve involved.

Please respond to this thread with your thoughts. My personal feeling is
that we should use the same venue - its the devil we know...

navin.