[Inpycon] PyCon 2012: Venue?

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Mon Jan 9 18:07:09 CET 2012

On Jan 9, 2012 10:18 PM, "Sreekanth S Rameshaiah" <sree at mahiti.org> wrote:

> Quite a few sponsors found very little difference between gold and
platinum except for 3x diff in cost.
> We should address that in this years sponsorship document.

At HasGeek we experimented with modular sponsorships and found it works
particularly well. We offer a menu of options with prices. Banners, stalls,
lanyards all have prices and availability counts (only one unit of lanyard
is available, but there are four stalls and unlimited Bring Your Own
Banners, etc). If the combined billing goes over a threshold, they get the
additional benefits of that category. (Community gets four passes and
Silver gets eight plus a larger logo on the website, etc.)

This lets sponsors pick the options that work for them. If the first tier
has a low entry price, it also encourages startups to sponsor. For us, the
Bring Your Own Banner option allows startup sponsors to express themselves
while being logistically easy to handle. Entry level sponsorships sell
themselves and typically bring in as much revenue as the higher brackets.

Kiran