[Inpycon] Startup Row

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:56:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

Individuals, corporates and startups are all part of the Python
ecosystem. The corporates become part of the conference by becoming
sponsors. The sponsorship amounts are usually expensive for startups
and it'll be nice if PyCon India can provide a platform for startups
to come and present what they are doing and connect with others.

US PyCon hosts startup row every year. We can borrow ideas from there.

https://us.pycon.org/2012/community/startuprow/

We can have a place and 3 hours of time in the last day of the
conference (may be post-lunch) and give a table for each startup to
present themselves.

It is hard to classify what a startup is. Here is my proposal:

* Python must be the core-technology used in the startup.
* Smaller than 5 people
* Younger than 2 years? (or 3 years)

Please let me know what your comments.