[Inpycon] PyCon 2012 Possible Dates

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:48:29 CEST 2012

Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> If Pune will not be able to hold PyCon this year, I'm ready to take
> the responsibility of co-ordinating the event in Bangalore.
>
> Comments and other suggestions are welcome.

[...]

I think it will be a little crippled regardless of where it's held since
a lot of time has been lost.

However, we can try to strip it down a little, make it a 2 day event,
drop the swag and try to have attendee fees cover the food costs. We
could coordinate with HasGeek for the A/V equipment. Sadly, it looks
like a step backwards but I think it's important to not break the
streak.

We should still target it for September so that our general cycle
doesn't get disrupted.

I don't expect that we will be able to get a keynote speaker or to get
good sponsorships so we should take this into consideration while
planning.

Finally, once the event is over, we should do some serious soul
searching about the event and get things more concrete.

--
Cordially,
Noufal