[Inpycon] conference fee

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:04:04 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Baishampayan Ghose <b.ghose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:21 PM, kausikram krishnasayee
> <kausikram at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also can we do away with the students category altogether ? PyCon India has
>> been around for 3 years now and in these three years i must say there has
>> been an improvement in the python scene all around. ts high time that we
>> work towards increasing quality and contribution, rather than kindling
>> curiosity. A uniform price structure would help towards it.
>
> I agree in spirit, but I would suggest capping the number of tickets
> available at student rates. That way, only the most eager and
> proactive students will get the benefit.

I think the earlybird price is quite reasonable even for students.
Paying Rs. 900 for 3 day conference is not a large amount. I spoke to
couple of students and they were under the same impression.

My suggestion is to not have special student tier and promote the
conf. early in colleges so that students can book for earlybird price.