[Inpycon] [X-POST] PyCon India 2012 - Volunteers Required

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:57:47 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I want to come down to Bangalore and help you guys out arranging the
> event. Is that possible? If yes, how many days ahead do you think I need to
> be there? I'm just curious and really interested. I've already met few of
> you in last PyCon and really enjoyed my time. Want to do whatever I can to
> make it better. Let me know. :)

Bibhas, Nice to see your enthusiasm. Definitely, help is always welcome
and yes it is "possible" to help even if you are from another city :)

Typically the work on the venue starts 1 day in advance. Venue volunteers
need
to be there on the day before to set up the infrastructure, check rooms,
test network,
and help in other little things. During the conference, we can use help in
many ways
including volunteering to manage speakers, help-desk, registration desk,
setting up
direction notices and countless other little things.

We can also use help in directing people who are coming to the city from
outside
as in manning certain cell numbers where they can call for help if they are
stuck
in traffic or trying to find the route to the venue.

Keep watching this list for updates and specific  calls for help.

> Thanks,
> Bibhas
> http://bibhas.in/

--Anand