[Inpycon] Ticket cancellation/refund policies.

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:02:52 CEST 2012

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Yup, a big -1 for transfers. Refunds are better compared to transfers,
> but I said +1 to no refunds to make sure we don't lose funds this time
> since we cannot afford to do that.
>
> If we want to play very nice, we can have refunds. Transfers cause
> headaches at the reg desk as Sri pointed out and we definitely don't
> want additional management head-aches this time, do we ?

[...]

People lose money, albeit a small amount, with cancellations. The
doattend processing fees are not returned. This can be avoided with
transfers.

I'd allow transfers on a case by case basis as long as the person who
wants to transfer is put through considerable inconvenience to do so as
a discouragement measure.

--
Cordially,
Noufal