[Inpycon] Ticket cancellation/refund policies.

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Tue Jun 19 16:24:03 CEST 2012

> How will we track all these. How will we actually refund the money? Is
> there a way to do it within do-attend system? If the request are as small
> as 5 then i suggest we do not worry about it.
> -sree

DoAttend now has in-built support for cancellation requests. It's not going
to be a major support hassle for any of the volunteers. You get an email
notification that someone's asked to cancel, and you have to login and
choose how much to refund them.

Transfers work better because they don't lose the transaction charge.
Finding someone to transfer to is still work for them, so the chances of
someone abusing this for black market sales is pretty slim. PyCon isn't
selling out 5000 tickets in half an hour like WWDC or Google I/O. :)

I say +1 to refunds (up to a cut-off date) and +1 to transfers. Be nice to
people. They will almost always have a good reason to ask for a refund or a
transfer.

Kiran

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda