[Inpycon] PyCon 2012: Sponsorships Guidelines

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 17:46:08 CET 2012

Navin Kabra <navin.kabra at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> For PyCon 2012, what needs to be changed as far as sponsorships are
> concerned?
>
> Dhananjay, Noufal, (and of course others) can you please post your thoughts.
>
> Just for reference, here is the sponsorship kit for RubyConf 2012:
> http://rubyconfindia.org/2012/sponsorshipkit.pdf (I am not saying we need
> to follow this - posting just for reference.)

[...]

I'll send a more detailed reply later but one thing that occurs to me is
that we need to have a separate category or perhaps different guidelines
for foreign sponsors. Perhaps "handle travel and accomodation for
keynote speaker" can be a category for them.

Another thing that occurs to me is to go the HasGeek route and just
price different things (booth, lanyards, flyers etc.) and sponsors can
pick and choose. We take the total amount and then put them in a
category (gold, silver etc.) accordingly.

Like I said, I need to think about this a little more but these are two
ideas that have been in my head for a while now.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Of course I can keep secrets. It's the people I tell them to that can't keep them. -Anthony Haden-Guest