[Inpycon] PyCon 2012 Possible Dates

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:41:00 CET 2012

September 1st/2nd week is a good time for PyCon. The Fri-Sat-Sun in
September this year are on 31-Aug/1-2-Sept, 7-8-9 Sept, and 14-15-16. Any
of these dates are possible. After that, the ICC T20 World cup starts from
18 Sept onwards, and Ganesh Chaturthi starts from 19 Sept onwards. On 3-5
Sept, there is a "Cube Conference" happening in Pune (
http://www.thecubeconf.com/). This is the first time Cube is happening is
Pune, so I have no idea of what kind of audience it will draw, and how
much. But since is it not happening on a weekend, we needn't worry about it
too much. There don't appear to be any other major religious holidays. No
major exams for students in Pune that we are aware of.

At this point, let use tentatively say that PyCon 2012 will be around the
weekend of 8-9 Sept.

Please spend some time checking for possible clashes. We would like to
freeze the dates soon.